Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome to Men in Aprons

Don't be confused by the title...this blog will not focus on one area of interest. I think of the things I love the most (besides my family) and it is hands down cooking and football!! So yes there will be a lot about both of those topics in here.

First a little background. I was born and raised in a south suburb of Chicago. I grew up a die hard White Sox fan and Bears fans. So yes tomorrow is a big day for me when the Bears take on the Packers for the NFC Championship! I moved to Georgia about three years ago. I always loved to cook but in recent years, I feel like I have furthered my skills greatly. Thanks to input from my wife, I started cooking using fresh foods and really mixing sweet, salt, and spice. I also started doing BBQ competitions a couple years ago. I admit, I have a smoking addiction! I want to smoke pork, beef, poultry, really anything I can get my hands on! I will be sure to include pictures and recipes along with some good sports analysis!!

We are going to cook some app-ies tomorrow for the game so I will be sure to take some pics and start with some recipes there....I am new to this blogging thing so bear with me! We can grow together!

1 comment:

  1. good job Scott! I've been wanting to start a blog too, but have yet to have the time or energy to figure it out! Keep up the good work and look forward to your posts! GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete