Sunday, November 20, 2011

BBQ Enchiladas!!

What did he just say!?!?! Oh no he di-in't! Yes he did! I thought of this one the other night when we were have real Pork Enchilada for dinner…I mean why not?! Think about your favorite pulled pork, with a side of slaw and some mac and cheese…..only all together!!

Here is how I see this one going down! Take pulled pork and a sweet cole slaw for the center of the BBQ Enchilada. Put a little BBQ sauce in there and wrap it up. Cover the top with a layer of mac and cheese and bake. I know I am sick but, as my daughter would say, "My mouth is raining for some of that!" I have to try it. My only concern is the way the slaw will react to the heat of the bake….but I will find out next time I make a pork butt!

Inventing meals is such a fun way to cook. I simply do not do enough of it. The first response is always, "No! That will never work!" Well thank God that the inventor of Green Bean Casserole or Tuna casserole did not listen to that nasty talk! To date, I have to admit that I have not come up with too many. Some of my favorites though are:
  • Grilled Garlic Sweet Potato Slices
  • Grilled Chicken Parmesan (the breading is made like a stuffing and rolled into the middle of a pounded chicken breast.
  • Grilled Pizza (but a lot of people have done that)

I see a theme there....I am hoping to add BBQ Enchilada to this list! I ask all 21 of my loyal followers, what are some of your favorite, unique or made up recipes or dishes? What do you think about BBQ Enchilada? Drop a comment in this one as I am very interested to see what your faves are and am hoping that some of your ideas will inspire some new creations for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment