Tuesday, January 25, 2011

STOP IT!! You are forcing me to ROOT for Cutler!!

We are two days past the Bears loss to the Packers in the NFC Championship at Soldier Field. I think the wounds are healing. Actually the pain of a loss to the Packers quickly turned to anger and disgust for the people and fans that questioned the character and toughness of Jay Cutler. To make myself perfectly clear....I never liked Cutler. In fact normally his pouty mannerisms sicken me. That does not remove that he is a Bear. And the Bears come first.

To MJD - you are an ass-hat, sitting at home watching...not playing....watching the NFC Championship game. How can you possibly make a comment without knowing what the injury is? You and all your NFL counterparts should have been the first to tweet that you should not judge before you know the injury. Your ass-hatness (yup I will make up words too!) is pushing me to root for Cutler to get a chip on his shoulder and prove that he can lead this team to greener pastures.

To the fans of the Bears...any of you who watched Cutler get sacked 50+ times this year and 10 times against the Giants, yet still question his toughness...you are not welcome on the Bear Wagon. I believe in getting on a player for a poor performance. I also believe in getting on a guy when he is in a leadership position. I do not agree with getting on a guy all Bartman style because you need a scape goat after the Packers kicked the Bears ass.

Which brings me to the positives! After hearing all week how Rodgers invented the forward pass, it was refreshing to see the Bears knock his QB rating down to the 60's level. It was just as refreshing to see Peppers knock Rodgers back to the 1960's with that great, worthwhile 15 yard penalty of a hit! I only wish he could have had the chance to do it again! I applaud the Bears D for a great game.

21-14 is not a horrible loss. Sure it was painful because it was the Packers. However, we have something to build on! I for one am looking forward to the Bears 2011 season where I will be rooting for Cutler to get tough all over the NFL. Thanks for taking away my biggest complaint about the Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment