Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Steeler Kill The Packers Bowl Sunday!!!

Well it is Super Bowl Sunday and what does that mean? It means that I am in denial, dressed in all my Bears gear, cooking Jambalaya while I watch the history of the Bears. Everything but the Jambalaya is sort of a tradition for me. I guess when you grow up a Bear fan you have to make your champions through non stop propaganda.

I know one thing for sure today...I still hate the Packers and I am really hoping that the Steelers kick the crud out of them! So to get an idea of how much I dislike the Packers...I am rooting for Rapenberger and the Steelers over the Packers! Those filthy Packers! You know how you can tell you are a Packer fan? When your cousin is also your aunt, your sister, and your wife!!

Now that I have that off my chest...LET'S MAKE SOME JAMBALAYA!!!! This one is an easy one.

Ingredients
    * 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa
    * 1 pound andouille sausage
    * 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 1 cup chopped celery
    * 1 cup chopped green pepper
    * 7 garlic cloves, minced
    * 3 tablespoons butter
    * 2 can diced tomatoes, undrained - 14.5 oz
    * 2 can tomato paste - 6oz
    * 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
    * 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon pepper
    * 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
    * Hot cooked rice

Directions
   1. Cut the sausage into 1/4 inch slices. Cube the chicken
   2. Dice the veggies (onion, green pep, and celery)
   3. Heat up a fry-pan and a dutch oven - in one tbsp of butter, brown the sausage in the dutch over and in 1 tbsp of butter, brown the chicken in the fry pan, dump the chick in the dutch oven
   4. Add 1 tbsp of butter and the trinity (onion, green pepper, celery) to fry pan now and saute until translucent - add to the dutch oven.
   5. Add the garlic to the dutch oven and stir.
   6. Stir in the diced tomato and the paste
   7. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes
   8. Add the shrimp, reduce to a simmer for 4 minutes.
   9. While the Jambalaya is cooking, start the rice.
  10. You are ready to serve this over some rice and enjoy.

NOTES: I did add some beer to the dutch oven after I added the "trinity"...I am not sure if I really needed to add beer as much as I needed an excuse to open one and drink it while I was cooking...hardly any went into the Jambalaya.

GO BEARS!! Uhhhh, I mean Steelers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment