Friday, February 18, 2011

I Am Jones-n Man!! I Need To Smoke!!!

I admit that I have a serious problem...I crave smoke! Hickory, Apple, Cherry....I crave them all! The engulfing smells that they emit....the color of the smoke...the way it softly floats from the weep holes....I have a serious problem. I admit that I am completely addicted! But hey! Admitting it is half the battle!

With my addiction though the other half of the battle is figuring out what to smoke! We are looking at a weekend of 70F with sun and that just adds fuel to my fire pit to get something on the smoker! So I am taking suggestions! Of my very few but I hope loyal followers, I would like to see your favorite recipe, favorite smoked item, favorite cooked anything!! I want to give it a try this weekend! I was leaning towards Smoked Beef Brisket but I have never smoked a brisket before, so send some suggestions cuz I need to figure out how to feed my addiction this weekend!

On a side note....I am saddened to say that Dave Duerson passed today. He took over for Todd Bell in 1985 and never looked backed. He started a run of 4 straight Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl Championship with the 85 Bears. He won another Super Bowl with the 1990 Giants but we will forgive him of that. Say hi to Halas for me Dave.......go Bears.....

No comments:

Post a Comment